Oct 5, 2017
Tips to Celebrate Joy of Giving Week with Disadvantaged Children
Nothing can be more satisfying or can give you more pleasure than knowing that whatever largesse you share will give direct benefits to the disadvantaged. It would be more so in case they are children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
What can you do to be sure that the donation you give is spreading happiness? On this Joy of Giving Week, also called the Daan Utsav, you can donate for a cause. While making others happy, you can be happy yourself by doing your mite for the needy.
It would make sense to do it through an NGO. You could do it through Akshaya Patra which is spreading happiness among the children during this Joy of Giving Week. An NGO knows the quantum of resources needed, and thus help direct your contributions to the right causes.
Let’s celebrate this week as a ‘Joy of Giving Week’ and feel the sense of happiness that would overtake you. Of course, it need not be about donating money alone. Here are a few ideas to celebrate the ‘Joy of Giving Week’.
1. Offer service: Take time out to offer some services at schools for disadvantaged children. Many of them need you. You can spend time with the children there, teaching them and playing with them. Helping to supplement their schooling with tuitions would allow them to improve themselves and be on a par with other children.
2. At school: You could spend a day helping spruce up their school.
3. Serve them meals: During festivals, which is a time of celebrations, you can indeed feel the ‘Joy of Giving’ by serving them meals. The happiness on the face of the children can beat any happiness that you could ever experience.
4. Help them in mental development: Gift the toys and indoor games that your children may have outgrown. Toys not only make the children happy, but would also help stimulate their brains, ensuring a better and wholesome mental development.
5. Donate for nutritious meals: You could also donate to charity for some meals through Akshaya Patra.
These selfless acts can only ensure that you are contributing to a healthier and happier future for all these children. They face the danger not being able to have nutritious meal or even one-square meal a day.
Not to forget, you can also help out at the kitchens of Akshaya Patra that serve hot food to over 1.6 million children every day in 13,800+ schools in the country.