Send 1.76 million children back to school with Akshaya Patra
Each year, during the months of April and May, you will come across ‘back to school’ advertisements especially in malls and e-commerce sites. At around the same time, The Akshaya Patra Foundation, a charity for children, holds a ‘back to school’ campaign too. So, what’s the difference between the two campaigns? Well, the former is a call out to parents to fulfil school needs of their own children whereas the latter is a call out to public sector, private sector, businesses and individuals to fulfil the wish of not-so-privileged children to go back to school. And, by choosing to donate for children through Akshaya Patra, you can secure a whole year of education for more than 17.6-lakh children!
Akshaya Patra is an 18-year old NGO supporting education of children across India by implementing the Mid-Day Meal Programme. Each school day, it serves school meals to 17,62,133 children studying in more than 15,000 government schools and government-aided schools in 42 locations across 12 states. The Foundation aims at bringing each of its beneficiary back to school for a new academic year so that continuity in education can be ensured. Cognisant of the power that school meals and regular schooling can have on the development of children and future of the country, here are some supporters who have generously spread the message and contributed towards Akshaya Patra’s ‘Back to School’ campaign:
· Eros International’s partners with Akshaya Patra for #BackToSchool campaign.
· Ram Sampath, famous Indian composer, music producer, and musician supports Akshaya Patra’s #BackToSchool campaign.
· Suzzanne Bernert, German-born Indian actress extends generous support to the #BackToSchool campaign by Akshaya Patra.
This charity for children encourages more and more supporters to generously contribute to this campaign because when children come to school, they are benefitted in multiple ways:
- Receives nutrition-rich meals daily.
- Receives rightful education.
- Improved health.
- Strengthening of goals and dreams.
- Improved concentration.
- Aware and confident of a better future.
- Better academic and co-curricular performance.
- Become a part of Akshaya Patra’s holistic initiatives: talent development, scholarship, and student and school transformation programmes.
- In all, children grow up to be healthy, educated, skilful,
and resourceful citizens of India.
To conclude, there are millions of children out there, for whom there is nothing more valuable than being able to come to school. These children are determined and zealous; all they need is a little support from you and me. When we donate for children or choose to conduct an online fundraising campaign in support of these children, we take a step towards transforming their life for the better; the result of which will be explicitly visible in the near future. So, this summer, support ‘Back to School’, support children! Act now!